Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Some people have cigarettes and alcohol. I have plants.

Second to sugar, plants are my addiction. Every week, I spend my last dollar on plants for the yard. I just picked up two burning bushes from Lowe's. It's amazing that I left with just two plants, since Lowe's is always taunting me with these $3.33 and $6.98 racks, plus the clearance rack of plants that are dying from drying out. I need to buy gas, probably set my money aside for vacation, buy some freaking clothes (I don't think I own more than 6 shirts...all old and falling apart), but I don't. If I can't buy plants, I find places to dig them up. Braden and I just brought back some various plants from his folk's yard, and I am always looking for cattails and natives on the roadside. I'll take whatever people are giving away on craigslist, too, unless of course it's an exotic invasive. On second thought, I should probably start taking those too, so I can burn them.

No comments: